Project Cost Management Software for Aerospace and Defense
Win the Aerospace and Defense Contract. Then Manage the Project.
Win and manage aerospace and defense projects using Projstream’s integrated estimating, pricing and earned value management tools.
Win the aerospace and defense contract with a single tool
BOEMax in an all-in-one estimating, pricing, proposal management tool. It's perfect for aerospace and defense companies that need to quickly send out multiple versions of a proposal.
Features for every part of the proposal creation process
Import, parse and map Statement of Work requirements: Save time by automatically importing and parsing a lengthy Statement of Work (SOW) in seconds. Then you can map it to the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
2) Entering estimates
Searchable estimating process library: Quickly create accurate, credible proposals using historical data. Just search the BOE library to leverage existing estimates at a project, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), or task level. Or pull from your previous estimates to create even more accurate proposals
Workflow queues and management: No more guessing with who is doing what. With workflow queues, work items automatically shows up in your estimator's queue until they take the required action. Then the item moves to the next responsible person.
Full pricing capability: With this wizard-driven cost reporting capability, you can build cost rules into your labor categories or resources. So by entering labor hours you can get full labor cost. And by entering BOM quantities or material dollars you get material or non-labor cost.
3) Analyzing what-if scenarios
Hierarchical Bill of Materials (BOM): Modify a parent-level quantity, and it will flow relationally to the children. So you can quickly update and create multiple proposal versions while keeping your pricing accurate.
Proposal versioning: Save a “what if” snapshot of your proposal at any time so you can compare your current version to any other version. Restore any old version at the press of a button.
4) Creating reports
Custom report builder: Quickly construct customer reports by using the "Quick Start" option. Easily drag and drop data items and reordering items the table. This allows you to quickly create DCAA/DCMA and FAR 15-2 compliant reports:
- BOE report
- Cost summary report
- Ad hoc pivot reports
- Rate reports
- Cost and Software Data Report (CSDR) in 1921 Flex File format
Rich text documentation and reporting: Create documents with or without rich text templates for repeatable use. This could include information such as basis of estimate, risk, assumptions, statement of work and more.
- Estimate and price in one place
- Has rich text documentation directly within the application.
- Includes powerful workflow functions that work out of the box
- Has a hierarchical BOM (Bill of Material) capability
- Uses easy-to-use drag and drop report wizard
- Estimate and price using separate modules
- Pay extra to integrate Word and Excel
- No customizable items like BOE workflows with multiple price points
- Flat structure/No relational quantities in assemblies
- Confuses users with complex reporting engine
How BOEMax integrates with earned value management (EVM)
- Exports proposal data to EVM software: Once you win your aerospace and defense contract, it's time to manage project performance. BOEMax helps you get started day 1 by exporting proposal data to EVM software like EVMax or Cobra to create a budget baseline.
- Makes rolling wave planning a cinch: As the project progresses and your budget changes, you can make updates in BOEMax and push them to EVMax.
We can customize BOEMax to your bid by:
- Setting up reporting by adding any user defined fields and codes based on the RFP. Then those parameters will automatically show up in reporting to make cost volume and BOE reporting easy and flexible.
- Helping you quickly create multiple pricing options by adjusting parent assembly quantities up or down through children assemblies.
Aerospace and defense clients that use BOEMax
- L-3 Maritime
- DCS Corp
- Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
Keep the project on course while minimizing delays
EVMax is an earned value management tool that keeps your aerospace and defense project on track with superior change control, rolling wave planning, and customer support that resolves issues within 24 hours.
Features for each stage of the project cycle
Integrate with MS Project and Primavera: Integrate the time-phased budget baseline from either MS Project or Primavera. Also map just a part of the plan for rolling wave planning.
Import your proposal from BOEMax: Forget copying and pasting proposal data. Instead, transfer it directly from BOEMax to EVMax to begin the baseline setup. Then use BOEMax as an ongoing platform for rolling wave planning.
Manage workflow queues: No need to be a micromanager. Work items will show up in users' queue until they take the required action. Then the items move to the next responsible person.
Contract budget baseline log: This log will support and balance your IPMR report by keeping track of contract and internal changes on a month-to-month summary basis.
Estimated actuals reporting interface: Put all the information needed for adjusting estimated actuals in one place so you can adjust the ACWP total until you are satisfied with the estimated actuals being written into the system.
Update forecasts in grid view: With grid view, CAMs can manually update forecast and review its validity on the same screen. So they can quickly see if there are problems with a WP or control account, such as earned and no actuals, or actuals and no earned.
Create common EVM reports and outputs: With easy-to-use wizards, you can produce:
- EV artifacts such as BOE, BCR, work authorization, variance analysis and Forecast forms
- IPMR Formats 1 to 5 and 7
- IPMR UN/CEFACT XML data submissions
- IPMR Revision B JSON data submissions
- Traditional EVM reports such as Control Account Plans (CAPs) and Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- Cost and Software Data Report (CSDR) in 1921 Flex File Format
- Integrates bi-directionally with MS Project and Primavera
- Support resolved problems with 24 hours
- Produces CAM notebook artifacts using automated workflow
- Integrates in one direction with MS project and Primavera.
- Bugs are fixed in months or never
- Inadequate bolt-on application to import BOE, BCR and WAD forms.
How EVMax integrates with BOEMax
- Quickly establish a budget baseline by Importing proposal data from BOEMax.
- Make rolling wave planning a cinch. by making updates in BOEMax and pushing them to EVMax.
- Integrate workflow processes across both BOEMax and EVMax
Easy, customized setup
We help you set up your systems so that reporting requirements can be adequately met, including IPMR reports as well as workflow authorizations to include change control, variance analysis reports and forecasting.
Aerospace and defense clients who use EVMax
- L-3 Maritime