Project Cost Management Software for Government Contractors
Win the Government Contract. Then Manage the Project.
Government contracts are complicated. But we make it easy to win and manage government projects using Projstream’s integrated estimating, pricing and earned value management tools. These tools are built specifically for these industry sectors:
- Real Estate
- And other sectors
Win the government contract with a single tool
BOEMax in an all-in-one estimating, pricing, proposal management tool. It's perfect for government contractors that need to keep your reporting DCAA compliant and fully traceable.
Features for every part of the proposal creation process
Import, parse and map Statement of Work requirements: Save time by automatically importing and parsing a lengthy Statement of Work (SOW) in seconds. Then you can map it to the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
2) Entering estimates
Searchable estimating process library: Quickly create accurate, credible proposals using historical data. Just search the BOE library to leverage existing estimates at a project, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), or task level. Or pull from your previous estimates to create even more accurate proposals.
Workflow queues and management: No more guessing with who is doing what. With workflow queues, work items automatically shows up in your estimator's queue until they take the required action. Then the item moves to the next responsible person, including your subcontractors.
Full pricing capability: With this wizard-driven cost reporting feature, you can build cost rules into your labor categories or resources. So by entering labor hours you can get full labor cost. And by entering BOM quantities or material dollars you get material or non-labor cost.
3) Analyzing what-if scenarios
Hierarchical Bill of Materials (BOM): Modify a parent-level quantity, and it will flow relationally to the children. So you can quickly update and create multiple proposal versions while keeping your pricing accurate.
Proposal versioning: Save a “what if” snapshot of your proposal at any time so you can compare your current version to any other version. Restore any old version at the press of a button.
4) Creating reports
Custom report builder: Quickly construct customer reports by using the "Quick Start" option. Easily drag and drop data items and reordering items the table. This allows you to quickly create DCAA/DCMA and FAR 15-2 compliant reports:
- BOE report
- Cost summary report
- Ad hoc pivot reports
- Rate reports
- Cost and Software Data Report (CSDR) in 1921 Flex File format
Rich text documentation and reporting: Create documents with or without rich text templates for repeatable use. This could include information such as basis of estimate, risk, assumptions, statement of work and more.
- Estimate and price in one place
- Has rich text documentation directly within the application.
- Includes powerful workflow functions that work out of the box
- Has a hierarchical BOM (Bill of Material) capability
- Uses easy-to-use drag and drop report wizard
- Estimate and price using separate modules
- Pay extra to integrate Word and Excel
- No customizable items like BOE workflows with multiple price points
- Flat structure/No relational quantities in assemblies
- Confuses users with complex reporting engine
How BOEMax integrates with earned value management (EVM)
- Exports proposal data to EVM software: Once you win your government contract, it's time to manage project performance. BOEMax helps you get started day 1 by exporting proposal data to EVM software like EVMax or Cobra to create a budget baseline.
- Makes rolling wave planning a cinch: As the project progresses and your budget changes, you can make updates in BOEMax and push them to EVMax.
Need to get a proposal out ASAP?
We can customize BOEMax to your bid by:
- Setting up reporting by adding any user defined fields and codes based on the RFP. Then those parameters will automatically show up in reporting to make cost volume and BOE reporting easy and flexible.
- Helping you quickly create multiple pricing options by adjusting parent assembly quantities up or down through children assemblies.
Government contractors that use BOEMax
- Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
- NASA (Goddard)
Keep the project on course while minimizing delays
EVMax is an earned value management tool that keeps your government contract on track with superior change control, rolling wave planning, and customer support that resolves issues within 24 hours.
Features for each stage of the project cycle
Integrate with MS Project and Primavera: Integrate the time-phased budget baseline from either MS Project or Primavera. Also, you can map just a part of the plan for rolling wave planning
Import your proposal from BOEMax: Forget copying and pasting proposal data. Instead, transfer it directly from BOEMax to EVMax to begin the baseline setup. Then use BOEMax as an ongoing platform for rolling wave planning.
Manage workflow queues: No need to be a micromanager. Work items will show up in users' queue until they take the required action. Then the items move to the next responsible person, including your subcontractors.
Contract budget baseline log: This log will support and balance your IPMR report by keeping track of contract and internal changes on a month-to-month summary basis.
Estimated actuals reporting interface: Put all the information needed for adjusting estimated actuals in one place. So you can adjust the ACWP total until you are satisfied with the estimated actuals being written into the system.
Update forecasts in grid view: With grid view, CAMs can manually update forecast and review its validity on the same screen. So they can quickly see if there are problems with a WP or control account, such as earned and no actuals, or actuals and no earned.
Create compliant reports: With easy-to-use wizards, you can create:
- EV artifacts such as BOE, BCR, WAD, VAR and Forecast forms
- IPMR formats 1-5 and 7
- IPMR UN/CEFACT xml
- IPMR 2 (or the JSON IPMR)
- Traditional EVM reports such as Control Account Plan (CAP) and Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- Cost and Software Data Report (CSDR) in 1921 Flex File Format
- Integrates bi-directionally with MS Project and Primavera
- Support resolved problems with 24 hours
- Produces CAM notebook artifacts using automated workflow
- Integrates in one direction with MS project and Primavera.
- Bugs are fixed in months or never
- Inadequate bolt-on application to import BOE, BCR and WAD forms.
How EVMax integrates with BOEMax
- Quickly establish a budget baseline by Importing proposal data from BOEMax.
- Make rolling wave planning a cinch. by making updates in BOEMax and pushing them to EVMax.
- Integrate workflow processes across both BOEMax and EVMax
Easy, customized setup
We help you set up your systems so that reporting requirements can be adequately met, including IPMR reports as well as workflow authorizations to include change control, variance analysis reports and forecasting.
Government contractors who use EVMax
- Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
- NASA (Goddard)